Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Missing Paris

I know I have had multiple posts dedicated to my love of Paris {just a few are herehereherehere, and here} but for some reason yesterday as I was looking through a blogger friends photos of the City of Light I was just overcome by how much I miss it.  I have been to Paris twice {once for a week, once for two and a half weeks} and for some reason the city just clicked with me.  And I know I'm not the only one, as my literary love Ernest Hemingway had a similar view on Paris..."If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life it says with you, for Paris is a moveable feast."

Everything about the city is beautiful, filled with culture, delicious food, amazing art, and stunning architecture.  Each street you walk down seems to be more lovely than the last.  And if you wander a little bit off the beaten path you may stumble upon some of the most interesting and gorgeous little wonders such as a secret garden, tiny market, or a shop that sells only antique keys {how cool is that?}  There is such a refined sensibility throughout the city, and I can honestly say I have never felt as inspired creatively as when I was in Paris.  I feel a bit cheesy saying it, because I mean who isn't in love with Paris?  So cliche, right?  Oh well, I will just have to be content with looking through my old photos, watching "Midnight in Paris," and eating cheese {with wine of course}...until next time!

PS - Follow Dreams in HD on Bloglovin here!
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
 

 

17 comments:

  1. Okay, so I have never actually been to paris (traveled through there) and I am missing it! Lol. Gorgeous photos...and I don't think it is cheesy at all..there is something to be said for a place that inspires so many people!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Paris also. The time I spent there will always be a treasure in my heart. Thank you for the beautiful photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pictures! Thanks for sharing!! I want to go back and get some macarons!
    Ileana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great photos! I'm in love with Paris and can't wait to go next summer!

    xo Lisa
    Making Life's Lemons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awe i'm so happy for you that you get to go!
      it truly is the most amazing city :)

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh. I miss Paris every day. Haha. Such a perfect city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know. if only it wasn't so far from the us, i would move there in a second!

      Delete
  6. Ugh I need to go to Paris.


    x

    http://thewearwithal.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these pictures. Paris is high on my want to see list for sure. So envious that you have been able to experience it.

    Kayleigh http://thewayiwanderlust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much kayleigh. you will absolutely love it! however, you have been quite a few places that i am pretty envious about as well :)

      Delete
  8. Thanks for sharing your lovely Paris photos:) It's always nice to be in the city of lights!!!
    xo
    Cheers
    Carly
    http://www.carlytati.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable photographs! Such a pleasure to look them through!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing shots! I just got back from Italy and feel the same way! So beautiful!

    www.shieldswithakiss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete