Friday, May 17, 2013

Dreaming About Weddings

Lately we have been talking a lot about weddings.  As I mentioned earlier, I am going to nine this year, so needless to say weddings are on my mind quite frequently.  I wrote about wedding gift ideas and my go-to wedding ensemble, but today I am simply going fantasize a bit about my dream wedding.

While I am most certainly not in any rush to get to the alter {honestly, after doing long-distance with Ryan for 5 years, I am just content being able to finally live together} it is still fun to daydream about the perfect wedding.  I picture my wedding to be a mix of rustic, vintage, elegance with lots of quirky, girly details.  I feel most myself when I am outside, connected with nature, so quite simply the only place I picture myself getting married is in the great outdoors.  I will admit this is a bit risky, as the Midwest is known for unpredictable weather, so I would definitely have to choose a location that has an indoor option -- preferably either a whitewashed barn or space to set-up a century tent.
Food is very important to Ryan and I, so guests will dine on family-style farm-to-table cuisine.  I know an open-bar is the norm these days, but I imagine us having a few fine wines, craft beers, and two or three signature cocktails {lavender lemonade anyone?}  Instead of one large wedding cake I will have a dessert table filled with small cakes, pies, and other sweet treats.  After dessert we will dance the night away under the glow of tiny white lights as far as the eye can see.
Sigh, that sounds about perfect to me!

Locations: {1} {2} {3} {4} {5} // Decor: {1} {2} {3} {4} {5} // Desserts: {1} {2} {3} // Dancing: {1} {2}

18 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful weddings! I always picture my dream wedding as a small low-key barbecue in a tent or barn.

    xo Lisa
    Making Life's Lemons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures! I can't wait to plan my wedding.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know, my BFF is planning hers right now and it is super fun!

      Delete
  3. No worries...my husband and I dated 10 years before getting married! It worked out great because there were literally no surprises since we knew each other so well. And yes I am totally with you on your dream wedding. We kept ours small at 100 people, and focused most of our efforts on the food. Good food = good times!!!

    xx
    ileana

    www.ileanamarcel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats how i feel, we are in no rush to get married...just happy to be with each other :)
      totally agree with you on the good food = good times!

      Delete
  4. The super long wood table with draped industrial lighting is precisely what I will be doing for my wedding — I went and looked at tables not too long ago! I am appreciating these wedding posts of yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my goodness annie that will be soo gorgeous!
      i can't wait to see photos :)

      Delete
  5. Ladies, I propose us gals throw weddings for ourselves once a year (just like birthdays)! That way I can finally get the chance to have my country, retro, beach, spring, winter, summer, and fall wedding. :)

    P.s. These pictures are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL miss mollie i am literally laughing out loud. i think your idea is brilliant and will totally get behind it :)

      Delete
  6. I love the post:) Have a wonderful weekend!

    Win a pair of sunglasses:
    http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de/2013/05/firmoo-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks crazy dreamy!! Pinterest can be so so so addicting ;) keep dreamin girl!

    Http://streetlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha i know. i feel like i get myself in over my head on pinterest (too many ideas for DIY's, remodeling, redecorating, etc.)!

      Delete
  8. I love this ! Cute blog:)
    www.designlovechild.com

    ReplyDelete