Monday, May 20, 2013

Clawfoot Tubs

Happy Monday Dears!  I hope you all had a fabulous weekend.  My last few days have consisted of looking at house after house and apartment after apartment.  Apparently the rental market in Indianapolis is SUPER competitive, and it's typical for a place to be signed over in less than 24 hours.  But I am excited to say that after a lot of searching we have found our home for the next year, and I couldn't be more excited!

It is actually a duplex which initially neither of us wanted, but we quickly realized that the majority of rental homes in our area were duplexes, and the houses that were available were just not at all what we were looking for.  The duplex is walking distance to quite a few of our favorite restaurants, bars, shops, and Fresh Market.  It was built in the early 1900's and has all hardwoods {recently stained a gorgeous dark mahogany}, TONS of windows, cool original light fixtures, lots of storage space {unusual in an old home}, a nice little yard with a community garden, and an adorable front porch {I will be buying a porch swing ASAP}.  But, honestly the deciding factor for me was the antique clawfoot bathtub in our bathroom.  It is white with gold feet and thankfully already has the shower installed as well.  Is that unreasonable that a bathtub was the deciding factor in our new house?  Maybe a little, but I can't help it -- I love them!

We move in on Friday, and I have to say I'm not exactly sure what the best way to handle the shower curtain situation is.  We have a window behind the bathtub so ideally I would like the curtain to open on both sides to let in more natural light when we are not using it, which makes me think we should simply get two shower curtains and two liners.  However, my concern is that even if we pull the curtains tightly together when showering the bathroom will get flooded with light sneaking through the crack.  What do you think?  Do any of you guys have a clawfoot tub?  What kind of shower curtain(s) do you recommend?

Images via {1} {2} {3} {4} {5} {6} {7}

15 comments:

  1. Clawfoot tubs are so beautiful!! I have one in my apartment now. Words of caution- getting in and out is not easy. expect a learning curve filled with lots of water on the floor!

    http://geography541.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL i will definitely remember that madeline. thanks dear :)

      Delete
  2. My mom has an old victorian home and has all clawfoot tubs..she loves them and uses two shower curtains that go all the way around the tub.

    Your new place sounds amazing! I love lots of detail..and windows!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my goodness your moms home sounds absolutely amazing!

      Delete
  3. My favorite parts of old houses are the clawfoot tubs (obvs) and the kitchens!

    xo Lisa
    Making Life's Lemons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, and i love the architectural details as well!

      Delete
  4. Know that you are looking forward to your first soak in that big tub. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. absolutely! also looking foreard to you coming to visit :)

      Delete
  5. Sorry I have no useful tip since I have don't have a GORGEOUS tub like that!!!! Hopefully your future is filled with relaxing bubble baths :)

    -ileana

    www.ileanamarcel.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new place sounds absolutely amazing! I love the look of clawfoot tubs too - so glam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks gloria! i will post photos once it's all decorated :)

      Delete
  7. beautiful!! wish I had a bathroom like that ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mine isn't as glam as any of these...but hopefully someday :)

      Delete
  8. We have a really old claw foot tub and I adore it :)

    ReplyDelete