Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Etsy Art

A few years ago I moved into my first apartment out of college and quickly realized that my walls were quite empty.  Aside from some framed photos I had collected over the years, I had virtually no art of my own.  So I took it upon myself to begin collecting pieces {mostly prints, a few originals} from flea markets, travels abroad, and various shops.  One of my absolutely favorite places to find art is Etsy.  I love supporting the artisan community and am amazed at some of the original pieces you can find for very reasonable prices.

To me, I would much rather invest in a piece of art than in an expensive designer bag.  It brings me so much joy every day to see my gallery wall filled with beautiful pieces that each have a special meaning to me {two favorites: an oil I purchased on the street in Paris and a watercolor of my Mom which was painted by my Uncle who is an artist}.  Art adds so much depth and personality to a space, and I love knowing that no matter where I go in life I will have my favorite pieces of art with me.
{Landscape oil paintings from JShears}
{Gretchen Kelly's amazing graphite and watercolor nudes}
{Inspiring words from Graphic Anthology}
{Beautiful, original oil paintings including still-life and abstract from Linda Hunt}
{Quirky, feminine prints from Janet Hill Studio - I have this portrait and love it}
{Adorable prints from The First Snow -- I especially love this one with lyrics from one of my favorite Frank Sinatra songs}
{Moody, feminine originals and prints from Tastes Orangey}
{Small, charming prints from Elizabeth Mayville -- how cute would this one look in a bright and airy breakfast nook?}
{Nature inspired art from "Tree Hollow Designs," especially this oil painting of the night sky}
{Abstract original art from Kerry Steele}
{Even though I am a city girl, sometimes all I want is a place in the country where I can spend all day outside, one with nature.  Until then, I will just have to admire Donna Walker's peaceful oil landscapes}

12 comments:

  1. Love the art! The colors are beautiful and my favorite has to be the first one!

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous artwork. I just recently started doing my own wall art. It totally ads a new dynamic to my home. It's so much fun to cover your walls with lovely prints. Especially if you have created them. I am looking forward to looking at these Etsy sellers. Thanks love!

    Love, Richelle from Lynn + Lou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have painted a few things myself and totally agree with you :)

      Delete
  3. These are all great! We don't really have any art around our house. Unless you count the fridge where my 4 year old's drawings reside. I'm not good at decorating...

    Amy


    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol well i think the "abstract" drawings of a child are the most gorgeous art there is :)

      Delete
  4. some lovely stuff here! i love the janet hill portraits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited to check these out! Beautiful beautiful picks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have artwork created by my friends hanging all over my apartment- it is such a wonderful way to make a place feel more like home. You have some great finds up there; the oil night sky and pink/purple abstract are particularly lovely : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that!! I have some art my uncle painted and a few of my own pieces and totally agree with you, it's so special having art that is personal to you :)

      Delete
  7. Great choices! Love all of them, good art is sometimes hard to find.
    xo Quinn

    Quinn Cooper Style

    ReplyDelete