Thursday, March 6, 2014

Travel :: Lucerne, Switzerland


I started this blog in October of 2012 as a way to document my experience of traveling solo through Europe.  Since then it has grown into so much more than I could have ever imagined.  Blogging and the little communities I have developed truly bring me so much joy and creative inspiration, all thanks to you lovely people :) I have received a lot of feedback asking for more travel posts and recently realized that most likely the majority of you have not seen my pictures from my big trip {as at that time, it was pretty much just my friends & family reading...thanks guys!}  So, today I wanted to share with you a glimpse into the fairy-tale town of Lucerne, Switzerland.

The first two weeks of my trip were spent in Paris {sighhhh...such a magical experience}, and I was thrilled that my mom decided at the last minute to come visit me for a week.  After being her personal tour-guide for the last few days in Paris {she hadn't been to the city in over thirty years!} we hopped on a train and headed to Lucerne, Switzerland.  There we met my stepsister {who was living in Berlin at the time} and spent three days strolling the charming streets, marveling at the magnificent Swiss Alps, eating lots of fondue, drinking champagne, and just gabbing away. 

We stayed at the beautiful Hotel Des Balances with our balcony overlooking the river and the picture-perfect town framed by the Alps in the distance.  Lucerne is honestly almost too magical to be real.  The architecture, the colors, the ancient bridges, the swans that float gracefully along the river and lake, the snow-capped mountains, the vibrant fall foliage, the smell of roasted chestnuts...it all makes for a truly unforgettable experience.  The three days we spent in Switzerland weren't nearly enough and I'm already dreaming about the day that we can go back to explore more of the breathtaking country!

27 comments:

  1. Your photos are gorgeous! What a beautiful place to visit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such gorgeous photos! I have never been to Switzerland but it's definitely on the short list!!

    The Style Scribe

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful pictures! Lucerne is one of my favorite cities in Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm so happy you decided to re-visit your past travels and share this post - Lucerne looks magical! I think the only negative side of following fellow bloggers who love to travel….too many ideas for future trips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. STUNNING photos. I hope to be fortunate to see these places in person one day! =D

    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely pictures! Makes me want to to travel to Switzerland.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh, this places is a dream! Such lovely photographs. And those swans!!!! :)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhhh, Lucerne. ....what a beautiful, storybook city. The photos are gorgeous and bring back such great memories, especially eating fondue and laughing all night in the Christmas tree forest....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your sweet comment! I really love your blog! Amazing photos. Really feel like I am there looking at those photos!


    xo
    endlesslychic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are too sweet albertina, thank you so much!
    the swans were almost too beautiful to be real :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. that night was such a blast! so so so glad you came and visited, lucerne wouldn't have been the same without you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you kristin, i really think you would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. jessica thank you so so so much for your beyond sweet comment! i do feel very fortunate to have been able to experience so many different places. i have always just made travel a priority and am all totally willing to skip a shopping trip or two to be able to buy a plane ticket :) switzerland was so magical and i can tell you the three days i spent there weren't nearly enough...you would LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i totally agree with you! that combined with pinterest has given me quite the extensive {and expensive!} bucket list :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi sarah! thank you so much for the sweet comment. it's funny because switzerland hadn't always been on my immediate list either, but when my sorority sister liz of sequins & stripes went to lucerne a few years ago and blogged about her experience it shot right to the top :)


    i honestly found traveling through all of europe absolutely unbelievable in the fall! the fall foliage seemed to last for months...i actually remember there being a lot of leaves on the trees still at thanksgiving. the colors, especially in lucerne, were SO vibrant and the weather was perfect. plus, tourist season was over so everywhere i went felt much more local and authentic. the only negative was i couldn't pack as much because fall clothes are much bulkier than summer :) if you're planning on going let me know and i'd be more than happy to give you a few tips!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you merritt! it is such a magical place, you would LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My heart skipped a beat at the sight of these exquisite photos, wow, this is a magical place! It was great hearing from you...Happy Friday Dear!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my word. These photos are absolutely stunning.


    http://jax-and-jewels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh man, these photos are unreal. The swans! The mountains! Lovely shots Molly. I just found out that I have some Swiss heritage, so a trip there is long overdue. I didn't get a chance to while I was studying abroad. Enjoy the weekend hon! xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. so gorgeous! I'm going in the spring and so excited!
    -katie

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh wow katie that will be amazing!
    have so so so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. thank you so much shannon! how fun it would be to go to switzerland and trace your lineage. when you go you absolutely must go to lucerne...it's unbelievable :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. thank you so much for the sweet comment sam, i truly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete