Monday, March 31, 2014

Travel :: London, England


My first visit to London could not have been more perfect.  I stayed with a dear friend, Ashley, whose Westminster flat was less than a block away from Parliament and the River Thames.  While she worked I explored the Tate Britain and the stunning Natural History Museum, did my Christmas shopping at Harrods, marveled at the beautiful row houses {I felt like I was on the set of 'Oliver Twist!'}, and wandered along the Thames through Holiday Markets, past funky street art, by colorful storefronts, and finally across the Millennium Bridge to St. Paul's Cathedral.  Together we headed to the West End to see Jersey Boys, shopped at Camden Market, took an evening boat ride down the River Thames, explored the boutiques and galleries of Shoreditch, ate our way through Borough Market, had high tea at the Harrods Tea Room, and spent our evenings catching up with bottles of wine.  I absolutely loved the city's vibrant energy, fascinating history, and unique mix of tradition and modernity, and can't wait to visit Ashley again!

17 comments:

  1. Brandyn | Southern DistinctionMarch 31, 2014 at 8:53 AM

    London is definitely on our wanderlust list! I think the hubs is more interested in a pub crawl, but I'll take it.


    Molly, do you have an email where I can email you regarding participation in some upcoming projects?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to London! These pics makes me want to go for sure. Also makes me want a beer right now. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. London is my absolute favorite place in the world, and these photos make me miss it so much! I'm so glad you enjoyed :)

    xo Lily
    http://whilemyboyfriendsaway.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love London! This makes me want to go back!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, lovely photographs. I love London, too. Last time I was in Camden I randomly met Amy Winehouse's band who were just hanging out at a bar there. It was definitely my favorite neighborhood.


    Kristin at http://callhomedear.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pip pip! Jolly good post, luvvie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pictures Molly. All those yummy looking pastries are making me hungry! The last time I was in London was 2010 and I absolutely want to go back. There's so so much I haven't seen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly packed a lot into your visit and went to many of my favourite places. The afternoon tea looks delicious and all your photos really capture the city so well. My favourite is the image of the illuminated London Eye.

    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christine DinsmoreMarch 31, 2014 at 7:33 PM

    you know i lived in england for 6 months and i never visited london. as a rule of thumb i really try to live my life without regret . . . but, ugh, that is one thing that made the regret-list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Allie @ 6000 Miles to HomeMarch 31, 2014 at 10:36 PM

    looks like so much fun - glad you enjoyed it! great shots!


    http://6000milestohome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you liked London!! Beautiful pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pictures are stunning - as always! Love London

    whatsarahknows

    ReplyDelete
  13. i.love.london. beautiful pictures, molly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What wonderful pictures, you captured the city so well! I traveled to London years ago with my parents and loved it, but I am dying to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your photos are making me fall in love with London again! I haven't had a chance to explore the city in a long time (there's always something to do, somewhere to go etc) and I would love to be a tourist in London again. So glad to hear you had such a fabulous time here, let me know when you're around again! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I absolutely love London, and your beautiful photos make me want to book a trip back ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic photos! I actually have a couple of friends who recently moved to London for a year or two. You're inspiring me to pay them a visit (now I just need more vacation days!) ;)

    ReplyDelete