Monday, March 24, 2014

Guest Blogger :: Paris in Color from Melinda's Musings

{Place de la Concorde}

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  We are on our way to Florida, but no worries I have lots of fun content planned for this week :) Today I am excited to be sharing with you a guest post by none other than Melinda of Melinda's Musings.  We 'met' a few months ago and connected on a mutual love of travel.  I swear, this girl is always on the go!  I absolutely devoured her Instagram feed when she took a weekend getaway to Paris last month {jealous!}, so I'm thrilled today that she will be posting about just that.  C'est parti!

Hello Everyone! I'm Melinda of Melinda's Musings, and I'm so excited to be guest-posting on Dreams in HD today. It was not too long ago that I came across Molly's wonderful blog, and couldn't help noticing that we shared similar passions - style, art, food, photography, and travel….as well as the ability to find and appreciate the beautiful things in everyday life. 

Since Molly is off on her own travels this week, she asked me if I'd like to share a piece of one of my most recent trips with you. Last month I was very luck to spend a few days in Paris with my boyfriend...it was simply wonderful! But the weather was on-and-off rainy, and while some say that "Paris is even more beautiful in the rain," I have to admit that I prefer the sunshine! The reason being that not only do I love bright blue skies, but I love taking bright, colorful photographs. The rain did lend itself to one great shot, but the photos I chose to share with you today represent the most colorful ones from our trip. I hope you enjoy them! 

{One of the many infamous "Love Lock" covered bridges}

{Carousel at the Hotel de Ville}

{Colorful street art mural near the Centre Pompidou}

{The Centre Pompidou contemporary art museum's colorful, industrial exterior}

{Yaacov Agam's installation at the Centre Pompidou}

{Gérard Fromanger's "En Chine, á Hu Xian" at the Centre Pompidou}

{"Made In Japan, La Grande Odalisque" by Marital Raysee, at the Centre Pompidou}

{A colorfully painted door in La Marais}

{Me, in front of a blue door in La Marais}

If you'd like to see more photos from our Paris trip, visit Melinda's Musings. You can also connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Google+.  A very big Thank You to Molly for having me guest post today!

6 comments:

  1. Loving all the art and installations at the Centre Pompidou - definitely need to check that out the next time I go to Paree!

    The Style Scribe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely pictures!


    www.PolishedClosets.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for having me guest post on your beautiful blog Molly! Hope you guys have a wonderful time in Florida! Enjoy that warm weather! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fantastic colors, Melinda! I love that you highlighted great artwork from museums and on the streets! :)

    http://liveitinerantly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, vivid color! Enjoyed your photos of Paris, Melinda. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE her photography.

    Sophie x

    http://your-girl-is-lovely.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete