Tuesday, February 9, 2016

"The Intern" Set Design


Ryan and I don't see a lot of movies in the theater, so whenever we travel abroad I use the flight as an opportunity to catch up on my new releases. While watching The Martian, I started getting distracted by the movie the passenger in front of me was watching, and though I tried to stay focused on my screen I just couldn't seem to look away. I finally realized why I was so captivated - the movie had one of the more gorgeous set designs that I had ever seen! When I got home I looked the movie up and quickly realized why I loved it so much. Of course, it was because "The Intern" was directed by none other than Nancy Meyers {the woman can do no wrong!}

The main character's gorgeous Brooklyn apartment was inspired by Jenna Lyons' much pinned Brooklyn home. Beautiful architectural details such as ornate mantles, intricate molding, high ceilings, and built-in bookshelves are balanced by modern, rustic, and industrial elements to create a space that feels elegant yet approachable. While all the rooms are enviable, the kitchen is what really shines for me. To learn more about Meyers' design process and to read more about the home, head over to Architectural Digest for the full article. 

No comments:

Post a Comment