Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Interiors :: A Historic Mississippi Home Renovation


I first saw this house on Brandyn's blog a few months back and have been day-dreaming about it ever since.  This historic 1825 Mississippi home had been neglected for so many years that it was nearly crumbling to the ground.  It took three years and a major gut renovation, but high school sweethearts Tere and Mac Thomas restored the house to absolutely pristine condition.  To me, there isn't much more romantic than taking a decrepit old house and bringing life back into it...just think of Hollywood classics like "The Notebook," "It's a Wonderful Life," and "Big Fish."  A girl can dream!


Images via Country Living

14 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness what an absolute dream! I'd love to restore a house like that but the thought of the cost and process daunts me! xxx
    www.la-lingua.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a beautiful home. And so impressive to see all the progress they made from the before pictures of the house. I love the adorable little bedroom in what looks to be the attic. And the exterior is just lovely! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that in Country LIving and died. Such a beautiful home. It's my dream to do the exact same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i thought of the exact same movies! such a romantic notion.
    i love this home. what a beautiful story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always so facinating how you can do a great makeover and bring new life to old things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my dream home....with a huge front porch! So utterly charming and full of history! And can we talk about that adorable laundry room? Serious swoon!


    www.taffetaandtulips.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Homes in the south definitely have an undeniable charm. I love a house with a lot of history!

    http://liveitinerantly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Talk about before and after! Those folks knew good bones when they saw them

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow.... great interior.... inspiring!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, they did an amazing job with the renovation! It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too. Beautiful.

    Sophie x

    Www.yourgirlislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, they did an amazing job! I love when dogs are featured in photos of a house. Incredibly renovation and I think its incredibly romantic too.


    whatsarahknows

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! I like the way the house was changed keeping its own uniqueness and style. Good job!
    Margaret


    http://www.decordesireforbeauty.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Madly in love with the before and after on this house! and the family looks so sweet and happy!


    x Lily
    whilemyboyfriendsaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete