Friday, April 11, 2014

Art :: Abstract Landscapes


It's hard to believe, but these abstract images are actually ariel shots of streams flowing down Icelandic volcanoes. Photographer Andre Ermolaev has truly captured some of the more stunning images of nature's beauty, alive with motion and color, that I have seen in quite some time. Ermolaev explains, "Iceland is a wonderful country; I would even say that it is a true paradise for all the photo shooting-lovers. But what has become a real discovery for me is the bird’s eye view of the rivers flowing along the black volcanic sand.  It is an inexpressible combination of colors, lines, and patterns. The photo represents the mouth of the river falling into the ocean.  A little bit upstream there is a yellow-colored brook flowing into the river, but yellow currents fail to mix with the main water flow.  One can estimate the scale judging by the car tracks that are clearly seen on the black sand. This is just a river, just a volcano, just our planet."  Mind-blowing!


{Images via MyModernMet}

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! I love them!

    Maggie
    www.PolishedClosets.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. These are gorgeous! I could definitely *use* a large print for my master!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's so amazing that these are photographs! Great find.

    x Lily
    http://whilemyboyfriendsaway.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I look at abstract art like this, I wish I could put it on a fabric print. How lovely would it be to to have a scarf like this? :)

    http://liveitinerantly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow breathtaking! :)


    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Impressive photos ... I admire the beauty of the nature.
    Margaret
    http://decordesireforbeauty.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! They are so unreal! I love how the movement has been captured :)


    golightlyglam.com

    ReplyDelete