Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Interiors :: The Greenbrier Resort


I am beyond excited to be visiting one of my favorite places in the world, The Greenbrier, with my mom and her best friend for Mother's Day.  As a native West Virginian, this historic hotel {built in 1778} has always had a special place in her heart.  We visited together for the first time after my college graduation and since then I have just been dreaming about the day that I am able to go back to the majestic resort.  

The Greenbrier is one of interior designer Dorothy Draper's most famous designs, and I absolutely adore her 'Modern Baroque' style combining bold prints, vibrant colors, whimsical fixtures, luxe furnishings, and the perfect amount of Southern Prep.  And the indoor swimming pool, with it's light filled canopy ceiling, is one of the most magical spaces I have ever been in.  Follow along on Instagram and Twitter as I explore The Greenbrier in two weeks!


Images via {1} and {2}

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous interiors... and that pool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh this is stunning!! You're making me want to go so badly... can't wait to follow along on Instagram. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Insanely beautiful! Can't wait to see all the photos you snap :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh that is absolutely gorgeous. if we could just but a peach or pink filter on this place it could be straight out of a wes anderson film. that pool! those patterns! the chesterfield sofa! that painting! and that building! can i come with you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow how special! that mint corridor....

    ReplyDelete
  6. So jealous! Visiting the Greenbrier is definitely on my bucket list! Would love to take a dip in that pool! Hope you have a wonderful time Molly!


    www.taffetaandtulips.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky lady, how wonderful you're heading to the Greenbrier for Mothers day. I'm hoping there will be lots of pictures. What a stunning place, the interiors have me absolutely spell bound!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jealous! The Greenbrier is beyond fabulous--I can't wait to see you pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous. I can definitely see why you are excited! Would love to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greenbrier, we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i know, the pool is even more beautiful in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you so much monica, we are really excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i know, it is such a magical place!
    we are so excited to celebrate mother's day there :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you erika! it is so unlike anywhere else i have ever been. i am so excited to be going back :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks sarah, we are so excited! i know i am going to take about five thousand photos but it is impossible not to want to take pictures of everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you veronika! we are so happy to be able to spend mother's day there together. it's such a magical place...and even better that it is within driving distance :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. thank you so much kate! you would love it, and a bonus that it would make for some awesome backdrops for all of your pretty outfit photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. i know! the light fixtures are insanely cool in that room :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. i have never thought of that but you are SO right christine! it would be an amazing movie set :)

    ReplyDelete