Monday, April 14, 2014

Travel :: Thailand


As I mentioned last week, Ryan and I are in the beginning stages of planning our next trip, and one of the locations that has come up quite a few times is Thailand.  Initially we weren't sure if we could swing it with his vacation time, but after seeing more photos, researching, reading more about it, and learning how much further the dollar goes there..it has moved to the tip top of our list!

I definitely want to spend some time on the islands {perhaps a week} and then time exploring other parts of the country.  I'd love to visit an Elephant Refuge, but would only want to if it was truly a sanctuary for Elephants to flourish and not a tourist attraction that exploits them {I have heard good things about the Elephant Nature Park}.  Ayutthaya looks beyond magnificent.  I am dreaming about staying at the Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle and also am completely intrigued by the looks of this beautiful resort {and about one hundred others}.  Of course there is the floating lantern festival in November, Loi Krathong, which is a total bucket list experience.  Oh, and don't even get me started on the food!  

So I wanted to ask, have any of you been to Thailand?  Where did you stay, what did you do, how did you get around?  Were you there during the past five months of political unrest, and did you feel safe?  I'd love to hear your thoughts and will definitely be digging through the comments in Bri's recent post about planning her trip to Thailand.


Images via {1} {2} {3} {4} {5} {7} {8} {9}

18 comments:

  1. Amazing Pictures
    Vanessa
    Visit my blog: Tu Nuevo Look
    Follow me Facebook Tunuevolook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't recommend this place anymore if I tried. SO CHEAP. I'd recommend either slumming it for £1 a night ooooorrrr get a tree house with Air BnB oooooorrrr go for beach huts at about £20 (6 star though!)

    Avoid the touristy islands and hit the others such as Ko Chang and Ko Samui. Be careful of thieves, especially on the Islands.

    There is an incredible elephant sanctuary up north (Chang Mai area) where you can stay and wake up with elephants walking past your hut. You then get to wash them in the river!!!

    If you want any extra tips or advice them drop me a line and give you details :)


    Sophie x

    Http://your-girl-is-lovely.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thailand looks like a dream! These photos are incredible! So excited for you Molly!


    www.taffetaandtulips.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pictures! What an exciting trip to be planning! We went to Thailand for our honeymoon and absolutely loved it! Shoot me an email if you need anything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, wish I had some advice for you-- but am just jealous and excited to see your pics when you return!

    x Lily
    http://whilemyboyfriendsaway.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always wanted to visit Thailand (as well as other parts of Southeast Asia). If you have the time, make sure to check out other parts of the region--so I can live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thailand is definitely on our travel list as well! I've heard such great things about it, and hellooo beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am dying to go to Thailand - it is such a unique and beautiful place!

    The Style Scribe

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never been but want to go so much, especially now I've seen these amazing pictures. I can't wait to see what you get up to when you go!! xxx
    www.la-lingua.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited for you! It looks like one of the most magnificent places on earth. I'm sure it will be a trip to remember and I can't wait to see the pictures you'll take.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never been to Thailand but I was followed Bri's recent posts as well and it really really made me want to go! It looks like such a beautiful country. I don't know if you read Corals and Cognacs (http://coralsandcognacs.com), but Hallie went to Thailand late last year and I believe she posted some recommendations on her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that sounds like a fabulous idea. i have never been but it was on the top of my list for a very long time. my list has changed a bit since my traveling kind of came to a sudden halt with the arrival of little humans, but it's still on my list and i can't wait to get there someday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful pictures!! I have never been to Thailand myself, but I know many people who say it is one of the best places they have ever traveled!

    Maggie
    www.PolishedClosets.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. stunning. i can't wait to visit. the furthest we got was bora bora....almost!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing - love reading everyone's comments! I have never been but this sounds amazing! Will be checking back in on the comments. I know that I would love to be in that hammock right now


    whatsarahknows

    ReplyDelete
  16. So exciting! And I have never been to Thailand, but i have heard such amazing things! Curious to see what everyone says!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I've never been, but these photos certainly are enticing. I hope you guys get to go!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thailand is my favourite destination and I keep going back for more. There is just so much to do!!My last trip was Krabi as base from where I visited many islands as day trips .Since I had my teens with me,Aonang beach,where we stayed provided perfect balance of quiet days and lively,vibrant night life.I think Phuket is too touristy .Please take the canoe around krasts in the sea and tour the mangroves too. Amazing!! Elephants are largely exploited.Bangkok is the best for shopping to heart's content.
    Have fun...

    ReplyDelete