Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Travel :: Camping

Last week I told you about one of my favorite fall traditions, and this week I will be telling you about another - camping.  I have been camping since I can remember and has always been one of my favorite weekend getaways.  There is something about sleeping in under the stars, cooking your food over an open fire, breathing in the crisp, clean air, and being surrounded by nature in all its glory that seems to hit the refresh button on my life.  Being outside is the best way for me to clear my head and reenergize my spirit.  

A few weeks ago Ryan, Yoda, and I headed east to Versailles State Park to meet my mom and stepdad.  It was a perfect fall weekend - cool and breezy in the evening and warm during the day.  The leaves had just started to change and floated gracefully down to the ground like rain.  Friday night we cooked pasta, vegetables, and chicken over the fire for dinner {with a drizzle of Truffle Oil I had brought them back from Tuscany - yum!}.  Afterwards we sat by the fire and roasted marshmallows, ate smores, and gazed up at the stars.  Saturday the boys went mountain biking and my mom and I went on a long hike with our dogs.  We had a simple dinner of grilled cheese and tomato soup and spent the last few hours of the night talking around the fire.  Sunday morning we gathered our belongings and headed back to the hustle and bustle of the city.

PS - Follow Dreams in HD on bloglovin' here.

16 comments:

  1. How pretty! I always have trouble liking fall, but those pics might convince me:-)

    Love from Germany,

    Bambi

    http://lasagnolove.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! I have to admit I am not much of a camper at all - unless you consider a state of the art RV as camping. I think people call it glamping? I like glamours camping - no tent for me. But goodness it sure is pretty in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. Looks like a great place to camp and relax!
    fromutahwithlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, what beautiful photos and your doggy is SO cute. My husband and I haven't gone camping in a few years now but it's definitley something I'd like to make time for again. We always have the best time!! Mmmm, and all your food choices sound lovely!!

    xo
    By The Shore, a life + style blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite thing about camping is the silence and the crisp air in the morning. It is glorious.

    http://liveitinerantly.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful fall colors! enjoying your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!! It's always so necessary to have some time with Mother Nature :)
    http://perpetuallycaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look so beautiful and also the doggy!!! great pictures...would u like to follow each other?? let me know

    if you have pleasure please come to see my new post…it’s VERY important for me this one….i hope u will like it..here it is :
    NEW POST:http://honeyandcotton.org/2013/10/28/pronti-per-halloween-im-a-vampire-and-im-back/
    FACEBOOKk: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Honeyandcotton-Fashion-Blogger/422547954496955?fref=ts
    BLOGLOVIN: http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/6757331te
    G+:https://plus.google.com/108626334220279846676/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Molly {Dreams in HD}October 31, 2013 at 8:26 AM

    fall is my favorite time of the year, but it is always so short in the midwest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Molly {Dreams in HD}October 31, 2013 at 8:27 AM

    lol i wouldn't be opposed to glamping myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Molly {Dreams in HD}October 31, 2013 at 8:27 AM

    thanks charity! it was a lovely getaway for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Molly {Dreams in HD}October 31, 2013 at 8:28 AM

    thank you so much! we didn't get a chance to go camping last year and were so glad that we were able to fit it in this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Molly {Dreams in HD}October 31, 2013 at 8:28 AM

    thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Molly {Dreams in HD}October 31, 2013 at 8:28 AM

    thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Molly {Dreams in HD}October 31, 2013 at 8:29 AM

    couldn't agree with you more :)

    ReplyDelete