Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Interiors :: Villa Passalacqua

I don't remember exactly what brought the idea of visiting Lake Como to my mind, but I know it has long been one of my top bucket list {and possible honeymoon} destinations.  The gorgeous, crystal clear Italian lake is speckled with some of the world's most luxurious villas and surrounded by picture-perfect views of the snow-capped Italian Alps.  Due to time and geography we have yet to have visited Lake Como, but to me it is just that much more of a reason to take another trip to Italy!

While most of the villas surrounding Lake Como are private {Hollywood dreamboat George Clooney is just one of the many VIP's who owns a home here}, there are numerous rental properties available across the lake.  Rentals range from small apartments to luxury villas, and when I came upon Villa Passalacqua I was absolutely blown away.  This gorgeous 18th century home can be rented out {"price upon request" of course!} for family reunions, events, or weddings.  Can you even imagine attending a wedding ceremony in the beautiful Italian gardens then heading inside for dinner and dancing under the ornately fresco'ed ceilings?  Pure magic.  Whose going with me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment