Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Interiors :: Christine Dovey's Feminine Home

Last week I saw this picture on Pinterest of a stunning white and brass kitchen with feminine accents and an awesome chandelier {any kitchen with a chandelier in it is a winner in my book}, I had to find out who this design darling was that so perfectly crafted my dream kitchen {my only change would be a La Cornue range, of course}.  This marble stunner in fact belongs to Christine Dovey of Bijou & Boheme and was captured by Ashley Capp for Style Me Pretty.  

I adore the light and airy color palette, pattern play, beautiful vignettes, combination of traditional and modern furniture, and pops of gold and brass.  But if I had to pick, my two favorite rooms would be her daughter's room {decorated with gold floral wallpaper and a pale pink ceiling} and {you might find me crazy for saying this} the laundry room.  I have never had romantic feelings towards a utilitarian space like a laundry room, but this one seriously blew. my. mind.  Ryan, if you get me a laundry room like this I *promise* you will have the cleanest clothes in the world!  I know Christine's home has been floating around the internet like crazy {it has been featured by Elements of Style & {this is glamorous} just to name a few} but honestly it is just too good not to share again.  So if you haven't seen it before enjoy, and if you have well you may just want to take another look :)


Shop the look!

18 comments:

  1. Ooooo I saw this too. SO gorgeous! I love that kitchen and that gold wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this home is unbelievably pretty, love the feminine touches of pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the same thing when I saw that first photo! Beautiful pics, will definitely be pinning many of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The space is amazing! I haven't seen it before, so I'm really happy that you shared it.

    I espesially like works of art ant slight oriental motifs intergated in such a light interior. It's full of air and light and looks like a happy place.

    http://yuliayemelianova.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's too feminine for me, overall, I need a bit of raw wood and industrial Scandinavian to counterbalance all that fluffy pink-ness, but I do LOVE that bathroom. Subway tile to the ceiling? Me likey. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brandyn | Southern DistinctionFebruary 19, 2014 at 2:23 PM

    I have followed her for forever! Christine Dovey is a wonderful talent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you shared these images. I haven't seem them before. This space is amazing beyond words! I couldn't even pick my favorite room. Everything is breathtakingly beautiful and thought through. Even the smallest details are so gorgeous. There's not a single unsightly object in this house. Aah..I think I'll go daydream about that kitchen now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such an amazingly sweet feature of my work- thank you so very much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i know, that wallpaper {by oh joy!} is so gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. i know, i love how elegant but casual it is...definitely somewhere i would feel right at home :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh me too! and i love the color palette, so light and airy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks so much for the sweet comment jourdin!
    i hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm so glad you liked it yulia! and i agree with you, i love the framed bird prints in the dining nook. so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh i know, the bathroom is unbelievable. i can't even imagine getting ready in there every morning...what a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i know, she is absolutely amazing! her style is so elegant but approachable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. it is seriously my pleasure christine! you have truly impeccable taste and i can't wait to continue to follow your amazing talent to see what you do next :) have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i know, can you even imagine having a home like that? it is literally styling perfection. sighhh...maybe someday :)

    ReplyDelete