Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Inspiration :: An "Up" Themed Anniversary Shoot


Brace yourselves...because if you're anything like me you will need a box of tissues after reading this post {only happy tears, don't you fret!}  Even though Nina and Gramps were first featured on Style Me Pretty six months ago, their "Up" themed anniversary shoot is just too sweet not to share again.  Looking through the heartwarming photos brings tears to my eyes, both because the love that Nina and Gramps share is so palpable you can almost touch it, but also because seeing the couple together makes me miss my own Grandfather.  He and my Grandmother lived their own real-life fairy tale, and I will always aspire to have a love as deep and boundless as they had for one another.

Event designer {and granddaughter of the adorable couple} Lauren Wells explains…Meet Nina & Gramps: they have been married 61 years, have never taken their rings off, remain the best of friends, and have just one picture from their wedding day – their photographer stood them up!

On a personal level, us grandkids (they are my husband’s grandparents) thought an anniversary shoot would be the perfect holiday present for them, and that they would cherish photos of the two of them. On a professional level, I thought it would make for a perfect styled shoot, so I used the movie UP as inspiration. (Gramps is always wearing a bow tie, anyways!)

Caroline from Wildfolk managed to bring the balloon colors to life in her flowers, and Nina cried when she got handed her beautiful bouquet. Working with Cambria is always a dream, and these photos are pure magic – us grandkids cannot wait to see Nina & Gramps’ faces when they open these photos on Christmas morning!

13 comments:

  1. Yes! I saw this somewhere else, and I love it. Love the story too. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. This is amazing!!!

    Maggie
    www.PolishedClosets.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are absolutely. killing me. Oh God, it's too much.

    Sophie x

    www.yourgirlislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine DinsmoreMay 20, 2014 at 11:33 AM

    that is the most adorable thing ever. how sweet and lovely. it makes me miss my grandparents too. if they were here i'd love to give them a million-billion balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this shoot, so sweet! I hope that we are all that happy by their age. So precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very sweet

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so cute. I would love to do something like this when I'm older.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet as can be. What a lovely gift for the whole family

    ReplyDelete
  9. This shoot is just perfection. I love Lauren Wells and Cambria's work! Thanks for sharing this, I missed it over at SMP :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This photo-shoot is so lovely and heartwarming!! I love seeing couples like this... I'm a die hard romantic and this is SO my idea of love!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet, sweet, sweet ... I love the photos ... Thank you for sharing ... Nice story!
    Margaret
    http://www.decordesireforbeauty.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beyond adorable!! What a fun way to show the world you're still young at heart :-)

    ReplyDelete